Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Pioneer Handcart Memorial Trail

We had an errand to run about 30 min. away recently, and were going to have some spare time so what did I do?  Field trip!  I'm loving our field trips.

Anyway, we discovered a memorial to the handcart pioneers.  It was a trail with markers and some history along the way.  I have no idea how long it was because we were limited for time, but we sure enjoyed ourselves.  The kids thought it was neat to see the area where the handcart pioneers camped, and also where some were buried.  They wanted me to tell them pioneer stories.


It was a beautiful trail and a perfect day.


I found a neat mushroom.  From a distance I thought the tip of it was a bird's tail.

1 comment:

  1. I am still so amazed by the greenery of the midwest. What a beautiful place! (And beautiful smiles on your sweet kids, too)

    ReplyDelete