Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Painting and Hunting

This blog is following the pattern of my other one: I'm only posting when I have pictures.  I guess that means I'm leaving out our more serious learning on here...hmm.  It's a good thing that play is often serious learning for my littles.  (And what can I say about reading and math?)  An update in other areas really is due, though. 

Anyway...I hosted playschool again.  This has been a fun group this year.  I gave the kids a bowl of green cornstarch paint (it's like sidewalk paint, except cheaper and homemade), paintbrushes, and let them have fun.  They completely painted the play set and dog house.  They were having a great time as long as the paint lasted.


The kids came clean without any effort once again.





After the paint was gone, we played London Bridge, Duck Duck Goose, and Mr. Wolf.  Fun times.



Another day (so this should probably be another post, but it isn't) I had a photo scavenger hunt with the kids.  It replaced reading time since they had to read what they were going to take a picture of.  Logan had a full sentence for each thing, and Annie just had the word.  Here are a few of their pictures; see if you can guess what they had to find.



Admittedly, I took these two of Alex.  Annie had to find him, but he wouldn't let her take the picture.




We had so much fun with our scavenger hunt, that I had an idea for a variation.  I took pictures in the front yard.  Then they had to find the things.  These are a few of the things they had to find.  A digital camera is so convenient sometimes!






1 comment: