Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Aha!

During story time the other day I had an "aha" moment.  We were reading a Curious George book and these were the words that struck me,

"Poor George.  He didn't mean to cause trouble.  Now he only wanted to get away."

I immediately thought, "Poor Logan...or poor Annie.  He/ she didn't mean to cause trouble.  Now he/ she only wanted to get away."

It was a good lesson for me.  I need to be more aware of their intent when they make trouble.  Like when Alex turns the oven on to broil and I discover it after it's been heating for a long time. Or... as I was typing this paragraph, Logan appeared with a long screw and a screw driver.  He'd started taking apart a bookshelf.  It's really easy to focus on the problem that they created, and forget about the curiosity that started it.    

No comments:

Post a Comment