Wednesday, August 3, 2011

A New School Year

I don't know if I'll actually track our progress in school years, but if I do I suppose this would be the beginning of a new one.  :)  Here's a little sampling of our first three days.

And since everyone else puts up their first day of school pictures, we have one too.  Within the first ten minutes on Monday, we were creating a chemical reaction in the sink. 

Yesterday my kids were thrilled when I pulled out the white board and started doing addition problems.  They wanted to keep going and going and going with it!  Who knew simple math could be so fun?

Today we planned to do an art project, but then Annie's fingers were smashed in the locked car door.  I was pretty sure any art project was out of the question considering the first two fingers on her right hand (she's right handed of course) were splinted together and sore.  However, after calming down she informed me that she wanted to do an art project and was devastated when I suggested we do something else.  I'd already promised, so we pulled out the art supplies!  This was a coloring, cutting, and glueing activity...perfect for these kids.  Annie loves to color, Logan loves to cut, and they both love glue!  Poor Annie made an attempt to color with her left hand and wasn't pleased with the results because she's really very good at coloring.  So I ended up coloring and cutting for her.  She instructed me on the colors and did all the glueing.  Logan did his 100% by himself and was very pleased about it.  These are frogs, by the way.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment