Thursday, June 25, 2015

Summer Not-schooling

Not long ago, I had this vision of continuing our school routine until our new baby makes her appearance, and then taking an official break for a while.  Realistically, my motivation experienced a steady and painful death during the month of May.  I also know that I function better AFTER my babies are born than during my pregnancies.  So, I called an official summer break at the end of May.  What a relief!  I love our school time, BUT it does takes energy and effort.  Right now I'm focused on just the essentials, and the kids are enjoying tons of free time.  I can't feel guilty about that because that means they bounce between active play and reading all day long!

One picture from just before I called it quits in May:  Annie decided to write the lyrics for the song I'm Trying to Be Like Jesus for her writing one day.  She worked so diligently on this, all while singing it over and over.  It was very sweet.

And one summer picture, just for fun.  :)  Nothing beats a sprinkler under the trampoline on a hot day!

Happy Summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment