Monday, May 16, 2011

Triumph Again!

Today we went to the library, and Logan grabbed a random book off the shelf.  He asked me if it was a good one (I'm picky about what I'll read over and over and over and over and over to the kids), so I looked at it and told him it was.  Then I suggested he try to read some of the words in it; it was a very simple Dr. Seuss.  He sat down, I continued perusing, and seconds later he says, "Mom, this says 'ant'!"  He then turned the page, quickly sounded out the next word, and said, "Mom this says 'ants'!"  Yes, it was the same word with an extra 's', but he did it!  My heart seriously leaped with joy.  He felt pretty triumphant.  He said he was done reading at that point (I think he was worried about finding harder words in the book...some fear of failure), so he didn't try anymore at the library, and we somehow forgot to check out that book.  He's starting to read, though!   

No comments:

Post a Comment