Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Birds

We've finally identified a few birds!  In addition to our friend the cardinal (who will never come close enough for a picture) we now know the names of a few more feathered friends. 

Red Winged Blackbird: This one was actually spotted in Chicago while we were on a little trip, but since we've been bird watching so much I took a picture.

American Tree Sparrows:  These have been visiting our bird feeder every day, and today I managed to get a couple of pictures while we were in the backyard.


American Robin:  There are two of these that are around a lot as well.  This one wasn't very afraid of me.  He moved very calmly away from me whenever I moved toward him.  It's a good thing I have a zoom on my camera or I wouldn't have any of these pictures!

We also spotted some blackbirds today (I think), and our black and white friend whose name I have yet to discover.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I love bird watching! :) And I'm so excited to have cardinals visiting my bird feeder now. We never had them in Colorado.

    ReplyDelete